You may wish to:
• come along to a social group or bus trip
• come along with with the person you care for
• arrange for the person you care for to come to a social group so you can have some time out.
Please contact Amber or Darren to discuss your interests and needs.
NACRS Aboriginal Support Workers are available to regularly visit older Indigenous people and/or their carers at their homes for up to an hour to provide:
- some company for carers
- some company for the person cared for
- for some carer time-out
- to discuss any issues or choices
- help accessing other services
Please contact Amber or Darren to find out more.
Our Indigenous Support workers can assist you to find appropriate longer term respite with other organisations to help you find time to relax
and pace yourself and help manage any stresses related to caring.
Please contact us to find out more.
If the person you care for is aging and has additional needs beyond the social support offered by NACRS, our support workers
can help you register with My Aged Care who in turn can help to develop a Home Care Package to suit individual needs and goals.